A new benchmarking survey for the Australian affiliate marketing industry has been announced by dgmAustralia, including an accompanying infographic.
dgmAustralia has announced the release of its 2012 Australian Affiliate Marketing Benchmarking Survey, which it commissioned market research company edentify to complete in June this year.
The study proclaims it is the first to survey the use of affiliate marketing by media agencies and advertisers in Australia, with the intention of completing ongoing studies annually. Drawing from 142 responses that comprises 59 media agencies and 84 direct clients, the report reveals some marked differences in approach between the two types of affiliate marketing clients.
- Media agencies have a better understanding of affiliate marketing than direct clients
- Retail and Finance sectors are the highest users of in-house affiliate marketing
- There is little consistency when it comes to capped or uncapped budgets
- In the past year, the majority of respondents increased their affiliate marketing spend and this trend is expected to continue
- Affiliate marketing is still in its infancy in Australia
dgmAustralia also produced the following infographic to highlight the results of this inaugural survey.