Officeworks has boosted its online offering as part of its ‘Everything for Growing Minds’ back to school campaign, to drive consumers to its online store.
The back to school (BTS) season is upon us and Officeworks is getting in the spirit by launching ‘Everything for Growing Minds’, a proposition that was first launched in 2015 with some success.
The campaign extends to online, print, radio, outdoor, catalogue, cinema and digital display, with the intention of driving customers to the retailer’s online store and its 163 stores nationally as a back to school destination, where a range of helpful articles, tips and videos help parents and kids get ready for the new school year.
The company has implemented new features on its e-commerce platform, as well as utilised SEM, CRM, social media and in-store experience round out the marketing activity, which sees a number of initiatives roll out including consumer research, local media relations, product placement and spokesperson and online blogger engagement.
In terms of its ramped up online offering, here’s what Officeworks has implemented into its webstore to boost its BTS campaign and sales:
BTS aisle in the mega menu for customers to find everything related to BTS in one true one stop shop in the mega menu.
Personalised BTS quick links for personal customers to make it easy to find popular BTS categories directly on the homepage, and for business customers to find the most popular business categories.
The Tech Selector is now Officeworks branded and has been developed with a mobile first approach. Officeworks has improved the BTS ‘technology selector’ tool with:
– A step by step guide for parents to choose and buy the appropriate technology for their child’s schooling without visual clutter or distractions;
– A more flexible experience with additional filtering smarts on the results page to help parents find the right device at the right price for their children.
– The main objective of the selector is that, on completion, parents should feel confident that they have bought the correct technology to suit their child, and their schooling needs.
The BTS File Upload Service allows customers to upload their book lists and seamlessly pick up and pay for all required products in-store. This year, Officeworks has improved the process with:
– A clearer, mobile-first design to better cater for customers on various screen sizes and devices;
– A is more robust build which can handle the expected volumes compared to last year;
– A clear step-by-step process with confirmation emails and SMS’s to give customers confidence that their school list has been received and is being taken care of by Officeworks within the times requested during the upload process;
– An easy online survey on the File Upload Service’s “Thank You” page to seek feedback from customers about what we can do better next year; and
– Captured customer data is saved directly into the Officeworks PolliePOS in-store, to ensure all orders are traceable and trackable.
Personalised search results for BTS key searches: Personal customers will find BTS products on top of results. Business customers will find popular business products on top of results.
BTS label: BTS key products will show a “school list item” label in search results and listing pages to make it easier for customers to find school list items.
Curated BTS content also features on Officeworks webstore, offering tips and advice on how to advance children’s education and learning.
As part of its back to school marketing campaign, 30 second TVCs highlight the school journey of a child. “Heading back to school is often an exciting and busy time for kids and parents. Officeworks wants to shine a light on the crucial role school supplies play in children’s education journey and help them prepare for the school year ahead,” says Karl Winther, Officeworks national marketing manager.
Parents will also be guaranteed the best prices on back to school essentials with Officeworks’ Parents’ Price Promise that runs until the end of January 2017. If parents find an identical stocked item on their child’s school list at a lower price, Officeworks will beat it by 20 percent.
PowerRetail Extra Enewsletter