Power Retail’s 100th newsletter marks two years of hard work, encompassing hundreds of articles and a serious server-load of e-commerce news and best practice information.
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you’ve just received the 100th edition of Power Retail Extra, which was first posted to our growing database in August 2010.
Fast-forward just two short years and our offering, much like the industry overall, has moved on apace. From a straightforward blog featuring news and information for Australian e-commerce professionals, Power Retail is now the central resource for the online retail community, featuring a host of Special Reports, insightful Whitepapers and we’re soon to add a third print publication to an ever-growing list of books.
On that note, The 2013 E-Commerce Leaders’ Playbook is shaping up to be even bigger and better than its predecessor, and that’s on top of a wealth of best practice articles, case profiles and research reports.
The website itself is brimming with fresh content, updated on a daily basis. We’re very excited to announce that Power Retail is now host to over 2,000 published posts. That’s one heck of a truckload of online retail news and e-commerce intel!
With so many stories being written around the clock, there is always going to be some that gain a little more attention than others. For those readers that haven’t been with us for the whole ride, or are interested in a brief recap, here’s a Summary of Power Retail Highlights:
- ASOS’s Australian Invasion – The day before ASOS introduced a targeted offering to local shoppers (September 15, 2011), Grant Arnott had secured an exclusive interview on the matter with Jon Kalamuddin, who was serving as the fashion retailer’s International Director.
- GraysOutlet Turns One, Crashes its Own Party – Upon decided to host a ‘$1 super sale’ to celebrate its anniversary, GraysOutlet subsequently featured on Today Tonight. The promotion resulted in its website crashing, sending thousands of angry customers trawling the internet for answers. Humourously, many of them found our website and proceeded to let loose in what has become our longest comments thread ever.
- GASP Jeans Goes into a Spin – After one unhappy customer publicised her terrible customer service experience in a GASP Jeans outlet, the social media fallout was unprecedented. Unfortunately for GASP, it didn’t end there as the PR foibles just kept coming.
- The Rise and Rise of Surfstitch – Aside from taking out one Online Retail Industry Award after another, this homegrown apparel retailer has been the focus of our readership’s attention throughout its development. Most recently, Surfstitch announced its expansion into Europe, revealing the next level for the Australian brand.
- Tuesdays with Gerry – Following the ebb and flow of Gerry Harvey’s exposure in mainstream media is an experience as often entertaining as it is puzzling. Despite the tirades against online retail, mournful soliloquies on introducing GST to low-value offshore purchases and putting the kibosh on omnichannel strategy, Gerry Harvey’s retail empire has entered modern world of retail regardless. Most recently, the brand announced its new mobile website, as well as a partnership with an advanced digital marketing solution.
TWO YEARS IS A LONG TIME IN ONLINE RETAIL…
Of course, we couldn’t have got any of our work done without the care and support of our very special Solution Providers as well as the fantastic retailers, the practitioners and innovators of the strategies and technologies that lie at the heart of Power Retail.
Messages from Retailers:
“Congratulations to Power Retail on 100 fantastic newsletters! I have enjoyed reading the regular Power Retail newsletters from Day 1, as it’s a great way to stay on top of the latest industry trends and news! Nothing gets past the crew at Power Retail, and always makes for a great read. If you want the big picture, there is no better news source for Online Retail in Australia. Look forward to the next 100!” – Dean Ramler, Founder and CEO of Milan Direct
“Power Retail are by far the best source of current ecommerce trends and news. I always look forward to their newsletter and the insights I will gain from it. Apart from that, the events and tours they produce are always top notch from the engaging Plugged In nights to the US tour I attended in 2010.” – Grant Tildsley, Online Sales and Development Manager of Ted’s Cameras
“Power Retail has always been such a strong champion of online and today remains one of the few media outlets that highlights, first and foremost, online and emerging retail models. With insightful editorial, Grant and his team continue to innovate and break new ground while the traditional media remains…”traditional”. Congratulations on reaching this important milestone. Looking forward to many more to come.” – Gabby Leibovich, Co-Founder of The Catch Group