Thank you for your interest in writing for Power Retail, Australia’s news and information resource for the online and multichannel retail community.
Our aim is to stimulate thought and inspire action, by providing a continuous flow of news, opinion, thought leadership, strategic insight and best practice case studies. Power Retail readers are smart, professional and capable of spotting even the most thinly-veiled sales pitch all the way from Mars. It serves neither the writer, the publisher or the readers to overtly pitch a product, service, or self-serving agenda, and submissions featuring such content will be rejected.
The following rules apply to ALL submissions, whether paid (Sponsored Posts) or otherwise:
- To avoid conflicts of interest, any vendor-bylined submissions will be appropriately marked as such. However, we will review all submissions on a case-by-case basis.
- We do not accept “canned” submissions written on generic subjects for a generic audience. All submissions must be written specifically for Power Retail.
- All submissions must be original (never before published in any form) as well as exclusive, unless otherwise negotiated with Power Retail.
- Power Retail reserves the right to reject an article at any time, even after it’s been initially accepted including paid submissions.
POWER RETAIL AND ITS READERS
Power Retail readers represent the full breadth of the online retail industry, from aspiring loungeroom start-ups to established multichannel leaders. The aim of any piece is to provide actionable, practical take-aways and/or insights for online retailers to optimise and improve their business. Power Retail’s core readership comprises:
- E-commerce and online marketing managers
- Business owners
- Retail managers
- CMOs and CIOs
- Agencies and consultants
Submissions should be tailored to meet their specific needs.
SUBMITTING YOUR IDEA
- Prepare an outline or summary of your proposed article idea (maximum one page) and send it to the Content Creators at Power Retail via the web form. This document must include a brief bio about the author. Be sure to include your e-mail address and contact phone number.
- You’re free to send in a completed article. However, we receive a number of unsolicited articles and proposals, so it may take us up to four weeks to accept or reject such an article. Please do not submit your proposal to any other publications while it is under review.
- If your proposed article idea is approved, we will contact you and set a deadline by which we must receive the completed article, as well as a tentative publication date. Keep in mind, however, that publishing schedules can change quickly.
- In most cases, accepted articles will be scheduled for publication within a four-week window.
- In the case of a Sponsored Post or other paid submission, completing the web form is not required, instead the completed article may be submitted directly for approval.
- Should Power Retail initially reject an article (paid or otherwise) for any reason, you may rewrite the piece or make suggested alterations. Alternatively, you can contract the Power Retail editorial team to write for you (additional charges will apply).
If your article proposal has been accepted, it’s time for you to start writing! Typical article length is 1,000 words, however, this is open for discussion as some articles may be longer depending on the topic covered and detail required. We encourage you to supply relevant figures, tables, images or screenshots (include captions). Figures and images should be simple and easy to read, meaning nothing too intricate or loaded with tiny type. Product reviews should be a maximum of 1,000 words in length, with relevant figures, tables, images, or screenshots. If for any reason you are unable to meet your deadline, you must contact us as soon as possible. If you miss your deadline without informing us beforehand, your article may not be published at all. In the case of paid submissions, the publication date will subsequently be at Power Retail’s discretion.
All authors and contributors to Power Retail acknowledge that in consideration of, amongst other things, the Publisher, The Media Pad Pty Ltd, publishing his/her work, the author:
- Acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the Editorial Guidelines in its entirety;
- Assign full publication rights for the attached article in perpetuity to The Media Pad Pty Ltd; and
- Agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified The Media Pad Pty Ltd from all claims, suits and demands that the publication of the commissioned work:
- (a) infringes the intellectual property rights, including without limitation, copyright of any third party; and/or
- (b) is defamatory, consists of negligent untrue statements, breaches any provisions of the Trade Practices Act or any other Act or is otherwise unlawful or causes loss and damage to The Media Pad Pty Ltd or any third party in any way.