Pureplay Kogan.com topped the list when it comes to most user-friendly mobile site in Australia, overtaking top performing retailers like David Jones, The Iconic and General Pants.
Presented at the recent World Mobile Congress in Barcelona, the MDEX study was undertaken by technology agency Ansible, to benchmark a brand’s mobile performance, providing insights and a roadmap that retailers should adopt to power their mobile strategy.
Kogan.com overtook top performing e-commerce retailers like Myer, who came in ninth and Billabong in at 10th spot. General Pants came third, followed by The Iconic and David Jones came in sixth.
With mobile overtaking the PC as the preferred channel for online shopping today, it’s critical that brands optimise their mobile website and engage with customers in a frictionless and dynamic way.
MDEX Top 10 Most Mobile Ready Australian Brands
- McGrath Property
- General Pants
- The Iconic
- Lion Corporation
- David Jones
- Network Ten
- Nine Network
The five key areas that a mobile online store should encompass, according to Ansible include:
- Discoverability: The capacity of a brand’s mobile website or application to be discovered when a user needs it.
- Mobile Optimisation: A technical assessment of a brand’s website optimisation for mobile (mobile web only).
- Utility and Usability: An assessment of UX in terms of intuitive design, value proposition, and consumer experience.
- Navigation and Content: The chosen structure of a brand’s mobile website, utilising easy to use menus and prioritised content.
- Driving Desired Actions: The features and functionality that drive users seamlessly through to desired actions or content (streamlined forms, auto fill, hover states).
The study was conducted over a six month period, with over 2,000 brands surveyed across 15 major global markets, including Australia, India, Malaysia, United States, United Kingdom, Singapore and Mexico.
Never miss our best stories: sign up to Power Retail’s free weekly newsletter and find our daily stories on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.