The E-book creation Home Page Best Practice written by the acclaimed Greg Randall is now available.
Greg Randall of Comma Consulting has spent over 50,000 hours (and counting) of time on improving, creating, and developing digital/eCommerce channels for retailers. In this current retail environment, it is now more important than ever that retailers ensure best practice guidelines are met. This 99 page guide delivers invaluable insights on the best practice rules that need to be applied when determining placement, treatment and behaviours of home page elements.
Below are some examples of what has been achieved when retailers follow the guidance in this book:
- Conversion rates for consumers who start their journey on the homepage increases up to 195%
- Homepage bounce rates are reduced by 45%
- Page value of the homepage increases up to 175%
What you will learn after reading:
- Why and how the application of best practice is important to the entire digital channel and how it expedites a retailer’s digital evolution.
- The best practice rules that need to be applied when determining the placement, treatment and behaviours of page elements for both desktop and smartphone screens.
- The importance and impacts of the right search box placement and treatment in the header and how this contributes to creating amazing online experiences.
- The dangers of the wrong carousel banner treatment. Understanding what “carousel banner blindness” is and how to avoid it.
- Why products should never be placed on the homepage.
- What content needs to be placed in the body of the homepage (below the carousel) and how this content contributes to creating amazing online experiences.
- The differences in page element treatment across devices (desktop and smartphones).
- What extra effort needs to be applied to ensure best practice is leveraged on smartphone screens.
- Understand how Australian and global retailers are leveraging best practice in action (the top retailers in Australia and around the world are used as both good and bad examples throughout).